Additional closings: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, November 24th, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, December 27th-29th, and New Year’s Day
- Research visits are by appointment only, fill out our research application to get started.
- Prior to your visit, please consult with Mercy Heritage Center staff regarding your research topic to ensure that records can be made available.
- To ensure the future availability of archival collections, researchers must comply with the “Regulations for Use of Archival Material,” stated on the reverse side of the archives research application form.
- There is no charge for research conducted onsite, but copy and reproduction fees may apply (see fee schedule).
Access Collections Remotely
For those who cannot conduct research onsite, Mercy Heritage Center staff can provide remote research services.
- Staff will provide remote research gratis for up to one hour after which a rate of $30/hour will apply. Copy and scanning fees also apply (see fee schedule).
- Projects that require over four hours of remote research time are consulting projects. $40/hour apply per hour for project consulting (see fee schedule).
Mercy Heritage Center seeks to provide equitable access to historical records for research purposes. Certain categories of records, however, may be restricted from general use or subject to limited access.
- Some records may be restricted due to privacy concerns. These records include health or education information or information that may violate the privacy of third parties.
- Records of leadership and community decisions may also be subject to restriction.
- Requests for records related to former members or legal proceedings will be referred to the Community president.
- The Sisters of Mercy reserve the right to restrict or limit access to specific categories or topics within archival collections.