Gwynedd Valley, PA (Hybrid)
In partnership with the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, members of Mercy Volunteer Corps enter into relationships with people who are economically poor and marginalized. In a spirit of mutuality, volunteers cultivate mercy and justice in the world by embracing compassionate service, social justice, spirituality and a simple lifestyle in community.
Overview: Mercy Volunteer Corps (MVC) promotes social change by placing and supporting volunteers for one year of service with people who are economically poor or marginalized in the US and South America. Mercy Volunteers work in education, healthcare, and social services while living together in a community and growing spiritually.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative, development, financial and programmatic responsibilities requiring a thorough knowledge of organizational procedures and practices. The ideal individual must demonstrate good judgement in situations, with strong organizational and administrative skills. The Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently and under pressure at times to handle multiple activities. The candidate will work with a wide range of individuals, including remote staff members, board and committee members and the Mercy community.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 3+ years office administrative experience recommended
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Database management and CRM experience; experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge is preferred
- Flexibility and teamwork
General Responsibilities (included, but are not limited to)
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and the organization
- Coordinate and attend board, committee and staff meetings and transcribe minutes
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions including reviewing and processing payments for invoices, check requests, bank drafts, expense reports and corporate credit cards; process bank deposits
- Enter monthly financial information into Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Update and maintain Raiser’s Edge database including processing donations and preparing donor thank you letters
- Assist with logistics of retreats and development events
- Proofread and edit all newsletters and mailings created by the Development and Communications staff
Incumbent would report to the Executive Director at Mercy Volunteer Corps. This position is salaried, full-time with health insurance benefits offered, along with a 403(b) retirement plan and employer match. The position is based in the Main Office in Lower Gwynedd, PA.
MVC seeks to nurture and is committed to building a community in which the human dignity of every member is preserved and celebrated. We strive to maintain an environment in which each member has an opportunity to contribute to the vitality of the whole, where contributions are valued, as is each individual.
Monday, November 8, 2021
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact us for status; we will update you as appropriate.