The Administrator of Our Lady of Peace Residence provides leadership by incorporating the mission, vision, and values of the IHM Congregation throughout the organization. The administrator participates in planning, organizing, directing, and facilitating the operations of Our Lady of Peace by promoting a person-centered approach, ensuring quality care, and ongoing education and learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with the Associate Administrators and staff in planning for the overall direction of the operations
- Provides guidance and consultation to the OLP Associate Administrators through regular team meetings about resident status, census, budget, personnel, and other relevant issues.
- Supervises the overall coordination of all direct reports, the administrative and management staff.
- Guides the fiscal policies and procedure; exercises cost control measures; develops annual operating budget with input from all departments
- Supervises development of in-service education programs designed to equip staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide services to each resident to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psycho-social well-being and to perform the essential functions of their jobs satisfactorily
- Oversees the residential care of the sisters residing at Our Lady of Peace
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with the sisters living in the independent households on the 4th floor
- Communicates with Our Lady of Peace residents on an ongoing basis to provide opportunities for exchange of information
- Communicates with the IHM Leadership Team regularly regarding significant information about residents and Our Lady of Peace operations
- Coordinates the visioning and strategic planning of Our Lady of Peace in conjunction with the IHM Leadership Team
- Ensures development and maintenance of the LIFE Geisinger relationship and contractual agreements, including membership on the LIFE Advisory Board
- Collaborates with the Chief Operating Officer in the areas of campus maintenance, housekeeping, dietary, and transportation
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Human Resources to assure the hiring, orientation, training, and evaluation of all employees is adequate to support quality outcomes
- Investigates all accidents, incidents, and allegations of potential abuse or neglect in a timely manner.
- Provides supervision to the Administrative Assistant and Activities Director.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- Respects and understands religious life and the catholic faith
- Has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Can work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates a willingness to help others.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Has effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Is compassionate and sensitive to people’s needs.
- Has good listening and consultative skills
- Can problem-solve and use sound judgment.
- Can multi-task and be flexible
- Can work independently.
Education and Experience
- Master level in a Health Care or related field preferred
- Management experience five years preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write and interpret complex reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts and develop facility budget. Ability to apply concepts of basic math and algebra.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software and Inventory software.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications needed
This job has supervisory responsibilities as outlined above.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Works primarily inside the building in a controlled environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Ability to adjust focus.