McAuley Convent – Merion Station, PA.
The Assistant Director of Nursing coordinates and supervises daily nursing services with the Director of Nursing. The ADON also helps supervise the administrative functions, clinical, directing, training and providing direct quality resident care and assuming duties of Director of Nursing in her absence. The ADON must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the Sisters, including an understanding of the mission and values of the Sisters of Mercy, knowledge of the aging process, ability to assess each Sister’s specific needs and provide the care needed.
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison to other nursing shifts
- Assists in communicating information to nursing personnel
- Holds staff accountable to care expectations
- Provides daily direction to staff regarding care to be provided to the Sisters
- Make rounds weekly of the Sister’s environment
- Completes daily assignment schedules and monthly work schedules
- Completes orientation of new personnel
- Assures proper Infection Control techniques are being followed
- Make recommendations to improve services provided to a Sister
- Assures proper handling and safety techniques are followed by nursing personnel
- Monitors skin integrity issues and makes recommendations, as needed
- Assists in development and implementation of new nursing programs
- Assists with Staff education
- Makes daily environmental rounds to assure Sister’s living areas are clean and tidy
- Reviews incident/accident reports and makes recommendations to assure safety and staff educational issues are addressed
- Knows the whole nursing picture to include what is happening on a daily basis to each of the Sisters
- Fill daily vacancies while being conscious of overtime and budget
- Adjusts staffing based on established criteria, acuity and census
- Education, Competencies and Experience
- Promotes the charism of the Sisters of Mercy
- Ability to provide compassionate, competent nursing care.
- Ability to apply nursing process in problem solving and make sound nursing judgments.
- Management skill; ability to effectively supervise staff on multiple shifts
- Excellent writing skills; highly effective oral communicator; able to document appropriately and thoroughly.
- Attentive to details; anticipates needs and acts proactively exercising good judgment.
- Highly skilled in managing multiple projects and in organizing, and prioritizing work.
- Highly confidential, tactful, diplomatic, relationship builder.
If you are interested in applying for your position please submit your resume to email@example.com.