This position oversees and directs the Mission Integration activities by championing the Mission and Core Values of St. Ignatius Nursing & Rehab Center, a sponsored ministry of the Felician Franciscan Sisters. As an active member of the senior management team, this position collaborates and focuses on the integration of the Mission and Core Values in all aspects of the facility’s operation (i.e. planning, policy development, leadership/staff development, and finance/budget).
Upholds and promotes the philosophy, mission, and values of St. Ignatius Nursing & Rehab Center. Specifically: Dignity of All Persons, Excellence through Compassion, Community through Transformation, Stewardship through Justice & Peace, and Concern for the Poor.
- Collaborates, with the support of the Administrator and the President & CEO, in the integration of the Mission and Core Values in the facility’s daily operations.
- Assures that the Mission and Core Values orientation and on-going educational programs are provided for Board members, management and staff.
- Develops and assures completion and implementation of St. Ignatius Mission Integration Plan.
- Provides leadership for planning and implementation of the Annual Mission and Heritage Week.
- Serves as an acting member of St. Ignatius senior management team and collaborates in the integration of Mission and Core Values in all aspects of St. Ignatius operations.
- Works with Human Resources to assure implementation of a values-based performance management system.
- Serves as a resource to the management team and collaborates in the integration of the Mission and Core Values in all aspects of operation.
- Serves as a resource to the management team, by raising value-based questions and concerns related to operations and decision-making.
- Participates in Felician Services led formal learning opportunities and coaching that supports and enhances best practice for integrating Mission and Core Values in St. Ignatius operations.
- Serves as leader in preparation for and coordination of periodic Sponsorship visit and/or review.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Catholic identity (facility) and encourages spiritual development.
- Fosters the development of learning and applying a values based decision-making process.
- Conducts periodic ministry assessment that identifies mission related needs of the ministry.
- Promotes environmental awareness, education and practice.
- Facilitates awareness of and identify staff responsible for completing the community annual benefit report.
- Coordinates and participates in the Ethics Committee.
- Other duties and tasks assigned.
- Possesses the competence, credibility and willingness to participate as a full member of the senior management team, assuring integration of Mission and Core Values in daily operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to initiate, develop and implement the annual Mission Integration Plan.
- Possesses knowledge, skill and competence in the following: critical thinking, interpersonal communication and relationships, oral and written communication skills, work independently and as a team member.
- Appreciates the role and importance of lay ministry in Catholic Sponsored Organizations and the need for continuing lay education and formation.
- Has excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the capacity to lead programs and celebrations that focus on Catholic identity, the tradition of the Felician Franciscan Sisters and St. Ignatius Mission and Core Values.
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic with a commitment to his/her own faith life.
- Is acquainted with the plurality of religions and cultures among all stakeholders.
- Possesses an academic preparation and/or relevant experience and formation appropriate to the scope and type of ministry. A Master’s degree is preferred in ministry, pastoral care, pastoral counseling, etc.
- Possesses prior experience and/or desire in working with the elderly in a healthcare environment.
- Required to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Work environment consists of working throughout the facility in order to ensure the effective provision of quality mission integration services.
Physical and Mental
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of
- St. Ignatius Nursing & Rehab Center, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to think logically and analytically in order to effectively plan, organize, direct and implement the facility’s programs, services and activities.
Women religious are particularly encouraged to apply. Send applications to Scott Weirich at firstname.lastname@example.org.