Communication Specialist and Webmaster, Mercy Education System of the Americas
Silver Spring, Maryland
The Communication Specialist and Webmaster supports all functions of communication, internal and external, for the Mercy Education System of the Americas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as webmaster:
- Overall management of CMS website (WordPress) for both the English and Spanish version
- Post, review, and remove items/updates in English and Spanish to external websites as requested
- Process, scan, edit, and post photos and graphics as necessary; manage electronic photo file, online photo storage and request for photos and graphic files
- Manage relationship with website host (GoDaddy) and perform duties associated with host maintenance
- Facilitate Social Media Presence
- Create a social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Create graphics and content for all social media accounts
- Monitor and maintain presence on social media accounts
- Link Mercy Education System to the Sisters of Mercy through the use of technology
- Communicate with the Institute Communications office and Justice office
- Other communication items
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication policies
- Serve as the key contact for maintaining all contact databases
- Prepare publications for electronic distribution
- Prepare communications for email distribution system (Constant Contact)
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following education, competencies and experience:
- BA degree in Communications/Marketing or relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field
- Enthusiastic and avid social media user with demonstrated communication skills with platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Storify) blogs, monitoring sites, social bookmarking sites, etc., and the ability to learn new application systems.
- Creative thinker who can develop ways to build and promote content.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading ability
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet due dates while paying attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and website content management systems
- An understanding of Catholic school education and the role of women religious in the Roman Catholic Church and society. Must be comfortable working for a religious organization.
- Ability to update materials in English and Spanish (with translator’s assistance, if not bi-lingual)
- The Mercy Education System of the Americas office is located in Silver Spring, MD. The individual hired for this position will have the option to work remotely and have an option for flexible hours.
- This position will begin as part time but has the potential to grow into full time.
- There may be times where travel is required.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit, electronically or postal mail, a cover letter that includes minimum salary requirement, resume and 3-5 references to:
Mercy Education Systems of the Americas
Lisa Griffith, RSM
8380 Colesville Road, Ste. 560
Silver Spring, MD 20910
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
Deadline for Submission
Sep 8, 2017