Convent of Mercy, Health Care Coordinator
Whitestone, New York
Whitestone is a 37 bed retirement residence serving sisters who need assisted living or independent living with services.
The Local Health Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting and supporting sisters living in a retirement residence with their health care needs. This position will serve as a hands-on provider and act as a resource to the individual sisters when issues of care, safety, memory impairment or medical needs arise. This position reports to the Director of Aging Services and works collaboratively with resident administrators.
- Provides ongoing oversight and case management for sisters in residence.
- Conducts Health and Wellness assessments and coordinates health care plans and assists sisters with health care needs and follow-up.
- Supervises and coordinates health care providers on site such as home health aides, hospice aides, and rehab providers.
- Provides active, hands on nursing care, medication management and distributions, wound care, health monitoring.
- Provides occasional hospice care.
- Actively participates in covid-19 management including testing, symptom monitoring and management.
- Develops confidential health care record for each sister and documents to the record.
- Accompanies sisters as needed to physician visits, emergency department visits, testing, procedures.
- Collaborates with physicians, health care providers.
- Establishes relationships with medical and community resources to best support and assists sisters.
- Teaches, coaches and promotes overall wellness.
- Attends care conferences as needed.
- Works as vital member of care team at residence.
- Answer phone calls and emails related to care of sisters as needed.
- Fosters the charism of the Sisters of Mercy Mid-Atlantic Community
- RN or BSN with active New York RN license in good standing
- Three to five years’ experience working in field of aging services
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Skilled oral communicator, builder of relationships, empathetic and compassionate
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with, and ability to navigate health care delivery system In New York
- Sensitivity to the needs of the aging person and knowledgeable of memory and health care issues
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter expressing interest and resume by February 10, 2021, to:
Anne Searl, Regional Director of Human Resources
Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Inc.
515 Montgomery Avenue
Merion, PA 19066
(610) 664-6650 x538
Deadline for Submission
Apr 2, 2021