Investment Operations Analyst, Mercy Investment Services
Saint Louis, Missouri
Launched in February 2010, Mercy Investment Services provides for the collective investment and professional management of the endowment and other investment funds of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and their sponsored ministries, while working for a just and sustainable world and embraces socially responsible investing as a means of promoting systemic change, with emphasis in the areas of nonviolence, racism, environment, concern for women, and immigration. Our multifaceted socially responsible investing program includes shareholder advocacy engagement with companies, proxy voting, portfolio screening and impact investments. More information is available at www.mercyinvestmentservices.org.
The investment operations analyst reports to the director of Investments and is responsible for assisting the organization in the valuation and reconciliation of its investment assets; participating in the organization’s annual external audit; preparing investment reports for existing and prospective program participants; and preparing materials related to its internal and external valuation process, investor relations, and performance reporting.
- Participates in the timely and accurate valuation, reconciliation, and reporting of investment assets to management, the Board of Directors and its committees, and the program participants.
- Maintains primary responsibility for preparing and reconciling monthly investment-related transactions and maintaining related files and supporting documentation.
- Prepares monthly portfolio rebalancing entries.
- Maintains primary responsibility for preparing quarterly Fund financial statements.
- Works directly with the Director of Investments, the program custodian, and Finance and Administration, as required, to manage program cash flows, including capital calls, liquidity requirements, portfolio rebalancing requirements, and investment manager transitions.
- Assists the Director of Investments with the review and oversight of the organization’s securities lending program with the program custodian.
- Assists the Director of Investments with the coordination of documentation and communications pertaining to participation in potential securities class action litigation.
- Maintains primary responsibility for compiling and distributing investment information to external consultants.
- Maintains primary responsibility for preparing monthly investment report and supporting schedules for distribution to program participants.
- Assists with the preparation of the quarterly investment report.
- Reconciles and distributes participants’ monthly financial activity that supports participant reporting initiatives.
- Assists with the annual audit of the organization, including preparing supporting schedules, reports, and other required documentation.
- Participates in the development and preparation of decision support tools, models, and materials, as requested.
- Participates in the preparation of meeting materials for Mercy Investment Services’ committees and Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Mercy Investment Services’ policies and applicable laws.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- At least three years of demonstrated related experience and/or training
- Demonstrated personal integrity and a commitment to ethical principles
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently on multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of cultural differences
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Robust computer, software, and database skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Adobe Acrobat
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration and/or progression toward Certified Public Accountant
- Experience creating and working with financial models
- Understanding and appreciation of the traditions and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church structures and teaching
Mercy Investment Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to HR@mercyinvestments.org.
Deadline for Submission
Feb 12, 2021