Sister Jane was born and raised in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and embraced a life of ministry in New Jersey when she entered the Sisters of Mercy in Watchung in 1945.
Sister Jane received a bachelor of science degree from Georgian Court College, now University, in Lakewood, New Jersey. Her first teaching assignment was at St. Joseph School in North Plainfield, followed by St. John School in Collingswood, where she taught upper grades for 11 years. She then taught at Immaculate Conception School in Camden and St. Mary School in Trenton. In 1968, she was asked to be the school secretary at St. James School in Woodbridge, where she served until 1974 when she was called to Mount Saint Mary to provide secretarial and auxiliary services for Mount Saint Mary Academy and the community.
In 1999, as a retired volunteer, she generously offered her time to all those she encountered. She was a faithful Eucharistic minister at Saint Mary Stony Hill in Watchung, a role in which she found great joy. She continued to reside at Mount Saint Mary until she moved to McAuley Hall Health Care Center for skilled care.