After entering the Sisters of Mercy in 1943, Sister Regis earned a Bachelor of Education from Anna Maria College, Paxton, and a Master of Education at Worcester State College in Massachusetts. As a young religious, sister taught in parish schools at Blessed Sacrament, Sacred Heart and St. Paul schools, in Worcester, at St. Aloysius School in Gilbertville, and at Nazareth Home for Boys in Leicester. She was then missioned to California, where she served as the principal at St. Cecilia School in Tustin before becoming the principal and convent superior at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Santa Ana.
Upon returning to Worcester in 1976, Sister Regis served the Worcester Sisters of Mercy as the major superior for the next eight years. She also served as a staff member at St. Joseph Home for Women (now Abby’s House) and as coordinator of the motherhouse on Barry Road in Worcester.
In 1994, Sister Regis embraced her final ministry as a volunteer at Mercy Centre, which she loved and from which she retired, moving to the Health Center at the Willows of Worcester.