Sister Margaret entered the Sisters of Mercy from Nativity Parish, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1950 and made final vows in 1956.
She received a B.A. from Mount Mercy College (now Carlow University) and a M.Ed. from Duquesne University. She taught in area Catholic grade schools, including St. Agatha, Bridgeville, St. Francis Xavier, Northside, St. Vincent in Latrobe, and St. Colman in Turtle Creek. Sister Margaret also taught and worked in various positions at St. Peter, Northside and Our Lady of Fatima, Hopewell Township. After teaching, Sister Margaret worked in pastoral care at Country Meadows of South Hills and as a pastoral visitor and volunteer at Most Holy Name Parish in Pittsburgh. Most recently she volunteered at Mercy Hospital and worked with the elderly.
Particularly in her work with the elderly, no task was too small or insignificant, no person was unimportant. She met individuals where they were at the moment – helping someone get dressed, listening, laughing or praying with someone, offering solace and comfort to a dying person. One friend remarked, “She made it easy for them to meet their God.”