Sister Marjorie grew up in Brooklyn, New York, a city and its people that were at the core of her life of service. She entered the Sisters of Mercy on February 2, 1953. After attending St. Francis College, and with a desire to be among the poorest of the poor, she taught in inner-city schools for more than 30 years.
Sister Marjorie continued her service at Maria Regina where, with a caring heart, she welcomed new residents, visited the sick and, as the “candy lady,” uplifted spirits. Her joyful presence was a gift to all she encountered.