JOB TITLE: Business Analyst: SharePoint & Office 365
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
ORIGINAL DATE: 09/2023
REPORTS TO: Institute Director of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI; Merion, PA; Rochester, NY; Belmont, NC; Omaha, NE; Silver Spring, MD
TELECOMMUTE ELIGIBILITY: This position has the option to telecommute.
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
JOB PURPOSE: The Information Technology Department, within the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Inc supports a global and bilingual user community of over 800 employees and 2000 women religious. The department seeks a hands-on Business Analyst specializing in SharePoint & Office 365 to play a key role in implementing these technologies across functional departments and programs affecting operations within the Sisters of Mercy organization. This person will serve as a bridge between business and IT Stakeholders as well as third party vendors as we look to fortify existing SharePoint implementations and expand the use of SharePoint and related Office 365 services across the organization to become more efficient, effective, and secure.
In this role, you will be expected to manage and/or support a portfolio of SharePoint sites across multiple teams and departments. You will also document and develop business requirements, use cases, and recommend governance practices. You will understand not just the what, but the why and how.
You will work with other IT Department Team members as well as other departments to ensure that SharePoint and related technologies are used effectively. This work will include developing training program(s) to ensure that staff have the appropriate training opportunities to support the effective uses of SharePoint. You will supervise a Training and Communications Associate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols and reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment, accidents, or incidents to supervisor immediately.
- Perceives potential problem situations and reports to supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies such as lighting or equipment problems to supervisor or Maintenance Department.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of safety procedures
- Performs in a calm, resourceful manner in emergency situations
- Demonstrates initiative in observing what needs to be done and does it without having to be asked to do so
- Remains in compliance with employee handbook and other established community guidelines
- Communicates with co-workers, management, sisters, visitors, families, and others in a courteous, tactful and professional manner
- Conforms with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Other duties as requested
Education, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business or related field and at least five years’ related experience in leading and supporting project management and/or business or functional analysis of projects; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven work experience leading IT Projects
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, a self-starter
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with working with stakeholders
- Ability to work closely with others to determine project needs
- Meeting planning and facilitation skills
- Strong written and communications skills including the ability to concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the Institute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 tools and experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with various Cloud-based help desk ticketing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to identify trends and suggest improvements in product and process
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with a broad range of employees and external contacts
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities
- Capable of displaying strong self-motivation and sound decision-making ability
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with cloud-based telephony
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others
- Ability to make decisions and accept responsibility for the consequences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be organized, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to train and motivate others
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and appearance
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit or religious organization
- Understanding and appreciation of the traditions and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church structures and teaching
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Filing documents
- Operating computer keyboard
- Communicating with Sisters and co-workers
- Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/carrying/pulling/pushing up to 40 pounds occasionally, generally sedentary
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and be able to file documents
- Must be able to safely use equipment
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
- Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise
- Must be able to speak clearly and make self-understood while also understanding others using the English language
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Service orientation
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers and other Institute staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to incorporate and translate Institute and department missions into information technology practices and systems
- Possess a strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please contact Lead HR Generalist Rachel Booker at email@example.com.