The Sisters of Mercy of the Americas seeks an hourly communications intern to support the work of the communications team for the summer. Internships are available in our offices in Omaha, NE; Merion, PA; Belmont, NC; and Silver Spring, MD. This is a paid position.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will be working towards bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Demonstrate clear attention to detail and organization
- Bilingual, English-Spanish (preferred)
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Have an interest in:
- Digital Communications
- Gaining professional experience
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- A sincere belief and interest in the work and mission of the Sisters of Mercy
The Communications intern will assist the Communications team in a variety of ways including:
- Photography and Video Production Assignments
- Special projects,
- Assist with social media and writing as necessary
- Additional duties as assigned
- Available during normal office hours Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. Parttime positions also available.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter, samples of work (if available), and a resume of work and study to date. Send application materials to Cathleen Farrell, Institute Communications Officer at email@example.com until the position is filled.
About the Sisters of Mercy
The Sisters of Mercy of the Americas are an international community of Roman Catholic women who dedicate their lives to the Gospel of Jesus and take vows of poverty, chastity, obedience, and service. Inspired by the life of Jesus and by our founder Catherine McAuley, they envision a just world for people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. They commit their lives to God and their resources to serve, advocate and pray for those in need around the world. The Sisters of Mercy of the Americas make a difference in the lives of others in North, South and Central America, the Caribbean, Guam, and the Philippines.