Location: Rochester, New York. The Program Director reports to the Executive Director and will create, coordinate, and present a variety of programs and services to grow the audience and engage participants. Key functions include developing an annual program calendar, developing and implementing marketing strategies and materials, facilitating the volunteer program committee, and providing administrative, executive, and program support within the mission and budget of the Mercy Spirituality Center. To apply or for more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Creating, organizing, presenting and coordinating a variety of retreats, workshops, programs and services in consultation with our team and MSC staff with the expectation of growing our audience and engaging participants;
- Developing annual program calendar in collaboration with staff and volunteers;
- Manage marketing (including online and print materials) for programs and retreats to potential participants;
- Evaluate current marketing channels and explore new opportunities;
- Networking and engaging in outreach activities to expand identified audiences;
- Supporting and facilitating the volunteer program committee
- Collaborating with Executive Director in supervision of volunteers in matters directly related to programs;
- Recruiting and contracting with adjunct Program Consultants, to provide retreats, programs and services;
- Participating in program development and presentations
- Managing the processing of program registrations, payments and invoicing in conjunction with program facilitators and administrative assistant;
- Working with Executive Director to make programmatic decisions informed by the mission and the budget of MSC;
- Collaborating with the Executive Director and team in coordinating the daily operations of the center • Other related duties and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Competencies and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree with at least three years of previous retreat/spiritual direction and administrative experience with current continuing education.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience with marketing tools and channels.
- Embrace the mission and values of the Sisters of Mercy and the Mercy Spirituality Center.
- Ability to work evenings, weekend daytime in a flexible schedule.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated previous experience in programs regarding spiritual and religious development, retreat ministry and/or spiritual direction.
- Creativity, flexibility, capacity to make independent decisions, within budgetary constraints, when circumstances warrant.
- Ability to network and interact with a broad base of individuals/organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team setting with people throughout the Mercy Spirituality Center and the community.
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com