Mt. St. Francis, IN
The primary function of the Retreat Director is to promote the spirituality and mission of the Mount Saint Francis Center for Spirituality by creating an environment of respite, conducive to encountering God, particularly in the beauty of His creation. Working directly with the retreat team, this position will be responsible for supervising general operations, programming, staff, budgeting, and marketing/fundraising.
Mount St. Francis Center for Spirituality provides opportunities for spiritual renewal for all people. In following the Conventual Franciscan charism we offer retreats for groups and individuals, days of reflection, spiritual guidance, and community classes. Sharing the Franciscan Spirit of hospitality, we are available for hosting retreats, events and programs for all faiths and backgrounds.
Mount Saint Francis Center for Spirituality is the heart of Mount Saint Francis. As a place of encounter, the Center seeks to create the environment for individuals in their quest for wholeness and renewal in their relationships with God, others, and all creation.
We seek a candidate who is a practicing Roman Catholic with the following skill set:
- Experience in retreat ministry and program development
- Appreciation of Franciscan values (e.g., Laudato Si, Fratelli Tutti)
- Strong organizational skills, administrative abilities, time management, attention to detail, and ability to make responsible decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with people of various ages
- Flexibility, especially regarding work schedule, and a willingness to adapt to changing situations
- The ability to train and develop a strong staff team
- Enthusiastic leader with initiative, creativity, and humor
- Support the mission and vision of Mount St. Francis
- Ability to co-operate with other entities at Mt. St. Francis, in development of its mission and vision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an understanding and experience of Catholic spirituality, particularly the Franciscan tradition
- 5-7 years of successful experience in retreat ministry or similar ministry
- Supervisory experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work style consistent with the retreat and hospitality ministry
- An understanding and appreciation for the charism and mission of the Conventual Franciscan Friars
- Ability to motivate, supervise, and encourage growth in staff members and creating a sense of “team”
- Proficiency in developing, using, and understanding budgets
- Ability to establish and rearrange priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency with standard office applications and software
- This position will require some evening and weekend work
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Dress Code: Business Casual
The candidate for this position must have or be able to develop an understanding of the strong tradition of service by the Conventual Franciscan Friars of The Province of Our Lady of Consolation and have or acquire an understanding of and appreciation for Franciscan Spirituality.
Please mail or email your resume to: Robert Moynihan
Province of Our Lady of Consolation 101 St. Anthony Drive
Mt. St. Francis, IN 47146 email@example.com