The Spanish-speaking therapist will be an MSW who can provide therapy in both English and Spanish. While there is some option to express preferences for client characteristics and presenting problems, the ideal candidate for this position is ﬂexible and open to learning to treat a range of clients and issues. The therapist will report directly to Michelle Salois, RN, LCSW the Executive and Clinical Director of Mercy Professional Services. Clinical supervision with Michelle is provided.
*This position is preferably full-time, but part-time may be possible.
- Deliver high-quality therapy in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work with individuals, couples and families.
- See an average of 23 clients per week.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Monitor client progress using standardized questionnaires to assess treatment progress.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with Michelle Salois and with Casa de Salud staﬀ and mental health coordinator about client care.
- Document sessions promptly and accurately.
Organizational tasks (as time, and talent are available)
Complete other tasks essential to the operation of the nonproﬁt, as requested such as;
- Assist with Orientation of master’s-level student interns from local social work and counseling programs on organizational procedures, paperwork, documentation, and other aspects of client care.
- Maintain organization on the shared Google Drive.
- Search for and write applications for grant funding.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic concepts and skills of psychotherapy.
- Commitment to the value of providing care to underserved populations.
- Commitment to the ethical principles of the social work profession.
- Master’s in Social Work required.
- Licensed or eligible for license as Masters level Social Worker in the state of Missouri.
- Verbal and written ﬂuency in English and Spanish required. (If in doubt, we can do an assessment of whether Spanish/English capacity is adequate for our tasks).
- Ability to learn TherapyNotes electronic health record to document client sessions.
- COVID-19 vaccination.
- Work is a combination of remote and in-person (the balance of in-person vs. remote work may shift in response to pandemic conditions).
- However, the therapist must be willing to see at least some clients in-person at Casa de Salud.
- Clinical supervision toward LCSW; individual and group hours.
- Two weeks of paid time oﬀ per year.
- Group supervision teaches a model of short term/experiential dynamic psychotherapy.
- Therapist trainings, including monthly case conferences with other therapist partners at Casa de Salud’s Mental Health Collaborative11.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Salois at email@example.com
Mercy Professional Services is a nonproﬁt organization focused on delivering mental health care to the uninsured and underinsured, and on training masters-level students in counseling and social work programs for outpatient psychotherapy. Mercy Professional Services is located within the Mental Health Collaborative at Casa de Salud and provides services primarily to new immigrants and refugees who have barriers to accessing care.
“Mercy Professional Services carries forward the Mission of Jesus and the Sisters of Mercy by offering counseling and other human services. Those who ask for our services are welcomed without discrimination and regardless of ability to pay.”