JOB TITLE: User & Sister Services Manager
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
ORIGINAL DATE: 10/2023
REPORTS TO: Institute Director of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
LOCATION: Cumberland, RI; Merion, PA; Rochester, NY; Belmont, NC; Omaha, NE; Silver Spring, MD
TELECOMMUTE ELIGIBILITY: This position has the option to telecommute.
Sustained and inspired by their relationship with God and one another, the mission of the Sisters of Mercy is to respond with vision and compassion to the needs of people who are poor, sick, and uneducated. This mission serves as a motivational force in the day-to-day activities of the employees of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and as we extend compassion and mercy to others, practice and encourage social justice, and strive to live mercifully.
JOB PURPOSE: The Information Technology Department, within the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Inc supports a global and bilingual user community of over 800 employees and 2000 women religious. The department seeks a highly qualified User & Sister Services Manager to lead a team of Tier I and Tier II User & Sister Services Staff within the IT Department of the Sisters of Mercy organization. Currently this staff consists of both an internal IT team and outsourced staff placed from multiple organizations. In this role, you will be tasked with providing the leadership necessary to create a unified User & Sister Services team.
You will have the crucial responsibility of leading our User & Sister Services team and ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service while effectively resolving all technical issues. It is essential that you possess the relevant technical know how, but more importantly, your technical skills must be complemented by extensive customer service experience. Vital to this role, you possess a problem-solving mindset, and the ability to motivate, and inspire your team to achieve specific goals.
Your primary objective will be to ensure the provision of high-quality support, which directly contributes to increased “customer” satisfaction. By leveraging your expertise and leadership skills, you will guide a geographically distributed team in providing efficient and effective solutions to our valued customers. You will leverage a service request management (helpdesk/ticketing) system to track key performance indicators ensuring that the team is adhering to service level agreements and quality standards. You will manage schedules to ensure that the appropriate coverage is available over the hours of service.
Your dedication to delivering exceptional customer service and driving continuous improvement will be instrumental in achieving our organizational objectives.
The User & Sister Services Team supports desktop computer hardware (PC and Mac), Desktop Software Applications, Connectivity, and Onboarding (equipment setup for end users).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill the function of lead customer service role within the IT Department, User & Sister Services Team and assume responsibility for designing and delivering positive customer experiences.
- Responsible for ensuring the User & Sister Services Staff possess the appropriate level of understanding of customer needs emphasizing positive, timely, and effective outcomes for customers.
- Design, select, implement, and manage service request management system(s)
- Establish and manage service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the User and Sister Services Team.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly reports analyzing trends and communicating performance of the User & Sister Services Team to the Institute Director of Information Technology
- Create an environment that fosters collaboration and partnership within the User & Sister Services team and across the other teams within the department and across the organization.
- Recruit, train, support, and mentor User & Sister Services Team.
- Vendor contract negotiation & management of externally sourced staff.
- Establish and maintain accurate documentation utilizing departmental IT documentation software.
- Support User & Sister Services Staff by actively responding to ticket escalations and handling complaints.
- Work with the Institute Director of Information Technology to set specific customer service standards and establish best practices through the entire support process.
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams like procurement & deployment.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Ability to travel as needed between offices of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, Inc.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols and reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment, accidents, or incidents to supervisor immediately.
- Perceives potential problem situations and reports to supervisor.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies such as lighting or equipment problems to supervisor or Maintenance Department.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of safety procedures.
- Performs in a calm, resourceful manner in emergency situations.
- Demonstrates initiative in observing what needs to be done and does it without having to be asked to do so
- Remains in compliance with employee handbook and other established community guidelines
- Communicates with co-workers, management, sisters, visitors, families, and others in a courteous, tactful and professional manner
- Conforms with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Other duties as requested
Education, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related field and at least 8-10 years related experience in leading and a customer support or technical support role.
- Proven work experience as a helpdesk manager
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish and communicate best practices and determine priorities.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, a self-starter
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to identify trends and suggest improvements in product and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the Sisters of Mercy
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365 tools
- Experience with various Cloud-based help desk ticketing systems
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent customer service
- Capable of displaying strong self-motivation and sound decision-making ability
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- IT Glue Certification (training provided, certification w/in 3 months of employment)
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others
- Ability to make decisions and accept responsibility for the consequences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be organized, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to train and motivate others
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and appearance
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit or religious organization
- Understanding and appreciation of the traditions and culture associated with the Sisters of Mercy
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church structures and teaching
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Filing documents
- Operating computer keyboard
- Communicating with Sisters and co-workers
- Using telephone and fax machines
- Lifting/carrying/pulling/pushing up to 40 pounds occasionally, generally sedentary
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and be able to file documents
- Must be able to safely use equipment
Visual/Audible Acuity Requirements
- Must be able to see and hear clearly
- Must have use of side vision
- Must be able to read and distinguish small print
- Must have depth perception and be able to distinguish basic colors
- Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise
- Must be able to speak clearly and make self-understood while also understanding others using the English language
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Service orientation
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers and other Institute staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to incorporate and translate Institute and department missions into information technology practices and systems
- Possess a strong work ethic, accept responsibility, and the ability to be self-motivated
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested, please contact Lead HR Generalist Rachel Booker at email@example.com.